First ever Blog Post - Introduction

 Hello and welcome to my first blog post.

This post is just to introduce myself and tell you my story of how I came to live and work in Thailand.

I met my wife, who is Thai, many years ago now, and after spending several months travelling around Thailand together we decided that she wanted to come to England.  Where in England my wife studied and worked very hard, we got married and both of us went to university where I got a BSc in Architectural Technology and my wife graduated with a first-class BA in Interior Design. 

We bought our first house back in 2014, a total wreck, and then proceeded to renovate it over the next 5/6 years bit by bit.  Then the Corona virus pandemic hit and that for us was a realisation that we needed to get out from the pending and inevitable economic that would follow.  So, we sold up, re-invested our profits into a buy-to-let property in the north of England and with some money left, me, my wife and our dog, finally got over to Thailand, and after a 14 day quarantine, we just spend the first six months with her family; a time to reflect and look for new opportunities...

The idea behind this blog is to share my experiences living and working in Thailand, which I hope can give the readers some useful information to aid their next adventure....


A view from my quarantine hotel 



Comments